Nov 24, 2012

My Chess Improvement Plan

Preparing an improvement plan in chess is as important as it is in the different aspects of life. I have taken help from Dan Heisman and Susan Polgar to work out a plan for my self. Detail of the plan is:

  1. Play at least one game of chess per day.
  2. Improve my knowledge by reading chess books cover to cover, at least one each on opening, middle game and end game.
  3. Pick one opening to specialize with when playing white and learn it well.
  4. Learn two good openings as black to use against 1.e4 and 1.d4.
  5. Learn to avoid recklessly attack but to play defensively when the situation requires it.
  6. Annotate my own games immediately after playing them.
  7. Study some annotated games of the top rated players.
  8. Update my blog at least twice a week.

This is my initial plan. I’ll review it after a month to evaluate my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment