Oct 22, 2012

Strategy of Winning in Chess By International Master Jeremy Silman

Jeremy Silman, an International Master, described the following strategy for winning in chess:

  • First I create some difference to work with, such as, a Bishop versus the opponent’s Knight.
  • Next I create an atmosphere in which my Bishop will thrive – a nonlocked pawn structure so that my Bishop will have open lines; getting his pawns on the color of my Bishop so that they will be vulnerable in an endgame; taking away advanced squares from his Knight so that his minor piece remains inactive.
  • When all this is done I will steer the game into an ending in which my speedy Bishop eats his gimpy Knight alive.
  • In other words, I create an imbalance and devote all my energy into making it a positive force.

No comments:

Post a Comment