Jan 15, 2014

How to Make a Plan in Chess?

Following two questions are the basis for making a plan:

  1. What type of pawn-structure is it?
  2. What is good and what is bad about my position?

Once answers to questions 1 and 2 are clear, next stage in planning is to develop a plan and make it more specific. Following questions, help us in developing our plan:

  1. Which pieces do I want to exchange, and which to keep?
  2. Which side of the board should I play on?
  3. What is my dream position?
  4. What does my opponent want to do?

Last stage of planning is about how to carry out the developed plan, which is done by exploring the answers of these two questions:

  1. Can I take a step in the right direction?
  2. Which moves are worth taking a closer look at?

No comments:

Post a Comment